-+T & C
Terms and Conditions
All bookings are accepted on the STRICT understanding that the pupil has read, understood, and accepted our terms and conditions. This is highly stated and clearly visible on our website.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to email email@example.com or call us prior to booking
The following definitions of meaning shall apply to this document as follows:
- ‘YOU’ shall mean the person taking the course, i.e., the pupil.
- ‘WE’ or ‘US’ shall mean Automatic Driving School Cardiff ..
- ‘THE DRIVING SCHOOL’ shall mean the driving school or driving instructor providing the course for you.
- ‘THE INSTRUCTOR’ shall mean a driving instructor acting on his/her own.
- “DVSA” shall mean The Driving Vehicle Standards Agency.
- “STANDARD HOURLY RATE” shall mean the rate at which hourly lessons are charged namely £35.00 per hour.
- “ADMINISTRATION FEE” when is charged it shall be at the rate of £75
2. The Course
- The pupil must present a valid UK Provisional Driving Licence to the instructor at the start of the 1st lesson.
- Throughout the driving course, the pupil will be assessed of their driving ability. If it is thought that the pupil would not pass the practical driving test, throughout the driving course, she/he will be informed and offered extra hours to bring the driving up to driving practical test standard, so long the instructor has the space in their diary to accommodate the extra hours.
- No pupil should drive continuously, so very short breaks will be arranged and will form part of your daily tuition period.
- All courses are based on average learning capabilities and are a guide only. No guarantees of 1st time pass can give or implied.
- You must pass the legal eyesight test before allowed on the course. Instructor will check this at the start of the 1st lesson. If in doubt, have eyesight checked at an optician before course the course commences.
- The pupil must attend the lessons on time. The instructor has no obligation in such circumstances to add time to the end of your lesson.
3. Driving Test
- It is the pupil’s responsibility to ensure that they meet the DVSA requirements for residency and eligibility to take the Practical Driving Test.
- No guarantee can be made of test availability.
- It is the pupil’s responsibility to ensure the appropriate documentation is produced when attending both the theory and practical driving tests. The Driving School will not be held responsible in any way for lost test fees if the required valid documentation cannot be presented to the relevant authorities at the time of attending the test.
- If the pupil re-schedules the driving test, it is the pupil’s responsibility to co-ordinate with the instructor and to ensure the instructor is available for the re-scheduled test date.
- If the DVSA or pupil reschedule the date and/or time of the test, a copy of the new test date and time must be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org and the instructor.
- If the DVSA cancels or reschedules a test for whatever reason, then we cannot be held responsible/liable for the test fee and any lesson time lost.
- Whilst every effort is made to get the pupil to the required level to take the driving test, If your instructor feels that you are not ready to take your practical driving test, even on day of exam, because of safety, then pupil will NOT be allowed to take practical driving test with our driving school. NO refund for your test or driving course, will be offered to you.
- A non-refundable deposit fee is required at the time of booking. This is then deducted from the driving course price. The full balance of the driving course fee is payable on the 1st day of the driving course in cash. Failure to do so will result in the course being terminated and no refunds will be offered.
- If the pupil wants to pay the outstanding balance by Bank Transfer, this must be done at least 48 hours of the commencement of the driving course.
- Extra Hours can be booked for an additional cost of the standard hourly rate
- Cooling Off Period: You have a legal right to cancel your contract with us and receive a refund, within 14 days of the day the deposit payment was made.
- If the course is scheduled to start within the Cooling Off Period, then any costs or charges incurred by us and/or the driving instructor; including but not limited to scheduled lessons, administration fee, will be deducted from the deposit prior to any to any refund being made. Once Course has started the cooling off period no longer applies.
- In order to exercise your right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel. This can be done by emailing email@example.com
- After the cooling off period, if the pupil decides to cancel then the full deposit will be forfeit.
- Once the course has started and the pupil decides to cancel the course for whatever reason, then the full deposit will be forfeit and in addition any costs or charges incurred by us and/or the driving instructor; including but not limited to lessons taken (charged at standard hourly rate), scheduled lessons, administration fee; will be deducted from the deposit prior to any to any refund being made.
- Pupils who cancel at short notice (less than 48 hours) or fails to show for any course lessons or tests, then no refunds will be offered. We will then have the right to terminate the course completely with no refund offered.
- If a pupil books additional hours with the instructor and then cancel at short notice (less than 48 hours) or fails to show, then these lessons will be charged and payable to the driving instructor at the standard hourly rate.
- If the pupil books a course but does not commence the course within 4 months of the day the deposit payment was made, the course will be cancelled, and no refund will be given.
- Once the course has commenced and the pupil does not complete the course, then the remaining hours are valid for a period of 4 months from the date of deposit.
- Any refunds that are given must be re-paid through the pupils designated bank account. No exemptions
- The deposit cannot be used to offset lessons.
- This course/lessons are not transferable.
- All refunds are subject to the Administration fee.
- If a cancellation refund has been requested and agreed with us, the pupil has 14 days to provide us with their Bank details. If this information not received in this time frame, then monies will be forfeited. If an offer of a refund is made, then the pupil has 7 days to accept otherwise this will be withdrawn.
- Once a cancellation for a course has been received, no re-instatement will be accepted.
- Courses cannot be transferred to another instructor. This is non-negotiable.
The course will be terminated immediately, and all fees paid forfeited for the following reasons:
- The Pupil is unable, on the first lesson, to produce a valid UK Provisional Driving Licence.
- If the instructor or representative of Intensive Driving Courses Cardiff believes or suspects that the pupil is under the influence of alcohol or drugs at any time during the course.
- If the instructor or representative of Intensive Driving Courses Cardiff believes or suspects that the pupil is not in a fit state to drive.
- Any abusive behaviour towards the instructor, member of the public or other road user.
- Failure to pay outstanding balance on the 1st lesson of the course.
- The Pupil cancels 1st Lesson at short notice (less than 48 hours) or fails to show for 1st Lesson.
7. General Conditions
- All our instructors have been approved by the DVSA. They are all Self Employed and work for themselves.
- The car provided by the instructor will be fitted with Dual Controls and will be comprehensively insured with a reputable insurer. A pupil can request to see insurance documentation from their instructor. Intensive Driving Courses Cardiff cannot be held responsible for any insurance related claims. Any disputes are the responsibility of the instructor.
- Pupils are solely responsible to make themselves available for this Driving course.
- In the event of a vehicle breakdown on the lesson, a lesson credit will be given for the time lost.
- Once course has commenced, we are unable to arrange a change of instructor.
- Driving lesson prices may be subject to change without notice and are at the discretion of the Intensive Driving Courses Cardiff.
- The pupil agrees that Intensive Driving Courses Cardiff has no liability to the pupil for any loss, injury or damage
- We cannot be held responsible for any traffic violation on the part of the pupil or the instructor.
- No smoking is permitted in the training vehicle.
- If you have any queries as a pupil contact us via email or mobile. We are unable to take enquiries from a third party due to the Data Protection Act regarding your Driving Course.
- In line with current Welsh Government advice regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19). Courses will be placed on hold during any periods advised by the Welsh Government. Any outstanding lessons will be held until such time that courses can be resumed in line with Welsh Government advice. Sections 5:8 and 5:9 will be credited with the time that lessens were halted due to Welsh Government requirements.
- If a pupil has been advised to self-isolate, or tests positive for Covid-19, and still attends a driving course, then the course will be terminated. No exceptions.
8. Legal Stipulations
- The construction, validity and performance of any contract shall be governed in all respects by the laws of England and Wales.
- Intensive Driving Courses Cardiff is only paid on commission and acts only as a booking agent. The contract of the Driving Course is between the Pupil and the Instructor, who is a self-employed contractor for the company. Any disputes claim or discussion should therefore be taken up with the instructor and not with us. We cannot be held liable for any compensation claim from a pupil.
- Intensive Driving Courses Cardiff is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection act 1998
- We do not share financial information with 3rd parties
- Any personal information which we hold to process your booking will be held securely in accordance with the law and will not be sold or passed on to a third party.